Gravel Hatch...again

Hello, everyone -

I know that many people over the years have requested good "gravel" hatches (among others). I still have not found one that behaves well. Does anyone have one you would be willing to share?

I have tried using the "stipple" tool, which creates a very nice representation of what I'm looking for, but when several areas of stipple are placed in a design layer, the file gets much slower. That is, zooming becomes tedious.

(...and why after all these years does the hatch tool remains so user-unfriendly?)

Doug

• 6 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Ferger,

Just to expand on Christiaan's post, you can edit the hatch via right-clicking on it in the Resource Browser. In the Edit Hatch dialog, click on the "Scale" button and enter the scale factor you wish to scale it to.

Also note that hatches can be set to page dimensions or world dimensions. Set to Page Dimensions if you want the hatch to print at the same size regardless of the drawing scale. Set to World Dimensions if you want it the scale along with the drawing.