Wierd things with Jaguar

Is it just me or is Vectorworks having big problems with OS-X Jaguar. I updated to 9.5.3b1 and thought things were well but then:I started having wierd crashes when editinig symbols, not all the time but once every couple of hours. These crashes would not effect OS-X or any other Application but when I go restart vectorworks it only opens for about 5 seconds before crashing again. The only way to get it restarted is to restart the whole system.

Now I am opening files that I worked on yesterday and most of the symbols are missing. All the windows that I had in walls are gone. Just empty spaces remain where they were. I tried loading the file in vectorworks using classic 9 OS but the symbols are gone there too.

After chalking that up to experience I started reaplying symbols back to the file and everytime I repeat a symbol it shows up in the resource pallette as a duplicate followed by a number ( eg window, window-1, window-2, window-3) even though they are the same symbol.

I've been using vectorworks for over ten years and this is the most bizzar thing I've ever encountered. Is anyone else experiencing such weird things.

quote:

9.3 is a beta.

Yes , I realize this. I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing it out in case they look here to see what's going wrong.

quote:

This behavior was pretty standard for me with 8.5.2 under 9.1 when I first started with VW.

I never had this happen to me before and like I said I've used it almost everyday for over ten years

quote:

Have you checked if the class visibilty of the previously placed PIO's has been somehow turned off?

yes, I checked and every thing is on. This is definitely some wierd bug.

Thanks for the replys