Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Something similar to ACAD "stretch?"

Recommended Posts

Is there any sort of stretch command similar to that in AutoCAD? I have drawn an item made up of lines and circles and I want to stretch the width of the item. I would like to do this visually instead of typing in factors with the scale command. Is this possible?


Share this post

Link to post

Hi there,

If its a group then just move your mouse to one of the control points and when your mouse indicator changes to what looks like to arrows you can change width and height of the object visually.

Hope this helps!


Share this post

Link to post

If it is not a group you can select all the items you want to stretch and then use the 2D reshape tool set to Move Polygon Handles Mode. That's kind of similar to Stretch. HTH

Share this post

Link to post

See my discusion titled "3D Reshaper Tool - only one item at a time" (or something like that) It was from a week or so ago.

But, basically, using the 2D reshaper, you draw a box around the points you want to move. Just like the AutoCAD stretch command.

Joe Dunfee

P.S. Mr. Punch... are you a puppeteer?

Share this post

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114


© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

  • Create New...