Sign in to follow this  
GUSTAF

Something similar to ACAD "stretch?"

Is there any sort of stretch command similar to that in AutoCAD? I have drawn an item made up of lines and circles and I want to stretch the width of the item. I would like to do this visually instead of typing in factors with the scale command. Is this possible?

gustaf

Hi there,

If its a group then just move your mouse to one of the control points and when your mouse indicator changes to what looks like to arrows you can change width and height of the object visually.

Hope this helps!

Regards,SaMi

If it is not a group you can select all the items you want to stretch and then use the 2D reshape tool set to Move Polygon Handles Mode. That's kind of similar to Stretch. HTH

See my discusion titled "3D Reshaper Tool - only one item at a time" (or something like that) It was from a week or so ago.

But, basically, using the 2D reshaper, you draw a box around the points you want to move. Just like the AutoCAD stretch command.

Joe Dunfee

P.S. Mr. Punch... are you a puppeteer?