floor plan questions

Hi all

How do you set up a floor plan sheet showing an entire shopping mall at a large scale (say 1:200), and on the same sheet a "zoom-in" on two seperate shops at 1:50.

I don't want to cut and paste the shops onto a differnt layer because then every change I make to the individual shop's floor plan I will have to go back and fix the "original" plan.

The shops are a long way apart on the floor plan, so I can't use white-filled rectangles to block out the unneccessary lines since both won't fit on one sheet at a time.

Any ideas?

make 3 layers:

- full plan @ 1"=200'- layerlink @ 1/4"=1'or whatever for shop A- layerlink @ 1/4"=1'or whatever for shop B

then (unfortunately) mask all but the desired parts on the 2 layerlink layers, and make all three layers visible for the sheet you want.

Another option: Make each shop a symbol (precise perimeter). You can then work on the symbol at a large scale, display at any scale, and insert into the overall plan, and annotate only at the large scale (with another "notes" layer)

Similar option: rather than make each shop a symbol, simply draw each shop at the larger (1/4"=1') scale(again with precise perimeter), and layerlink it into the overall plan at 1'=200'.

I bet there are subtleties of snapping, and doing other operations, which will make one better than the other for you.

- Carl