Attributes Palette

ricky.cole

Hi all,

For some reason I cannot access anything on my attributes palette when on one particular class. It was working fine then now when I go to the drop down box its frozen/dark grey and will not allow me to do anything. It's only on this class, it's fine on other classes. What could I have done?

Thank you all so much!

Probably that class is set to "Use at Creation". That means that every object assigned to that class will always use the Class Attributes (and therefore the attributes choices are grayed out). There are a couple ways to change this. First, you can change the Class definition such that "Use at Creation" is unchecked. You will then most likely need to force all the objects in that class to disregard their previous mandate by selecting them then going to the little Pulldown at the very bottom of the Attributes Palette and choosing "Remove By Class Settings". You can also use the "Remove By Class Settings" on individual objects regardless of the Class definition.