Sign in to follow this  
Christiaan

Wall join keyboard shortcut for L-join

Question

I'd like a keyboard shortcut/menu command that allows us to tell walls to L-Join (no matter what their current relation to each other is). Or, more accurately, for the wall to join not to be a T or X-Join.

5 answers to this question

Maybe I misunderstood you, but I believe the "join lines" menu command can do this. Select 2 walls and call that command.

(so if you have a shortcut to that command, I believe you'll have what you want, I've used this for years and it was very fast imo)

I have a Dutch version with an AZERTY keyboard with different workspaces, so I have no idea how it is called in your version or even what the shortkey is... Sorry.

But it is the command that can join two selected lines (or in other words, stretch 2 lines to the point they have in common).

yeah if it's that one it's no good because what I after is effectively a command that trims the ends of the wall if they extend past each other.

Currently if you use command-j and the walls are extended past each other will join as a x-join or t-join.