Disappearing Pasted Text

Using VW 9.5.2 and OS X 10.1.5 ....Each time I attempt to paste text between classes... I select and copy and paste it appears on the new layer; once I deselect it I cannot pick it again and when I refresh the screen it disappears. Where did it go? I am also still unable to remedy the white text upon creation problem either--maybe there is a connection? wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

"Each time I attempt to paste text between classes... once I deselect it I cannot pick it again and when I refresh the screen it disappears."

If the original class that you wrote the text on is turned off (ie visible whilst it is your active class) and then you go to another class to paste it, it will still post in the original class. Class is like an attribute. It kind of shows you where you pasted it but when you refresh it disappears because the class is turned off. Is that the answer?

"I am also still unable to remedy the white text upon creation problem either--maybe there is a connection"

I can't find your original post on this one-don't know. I guess you checked the Vectorworks Preference, Display Tab, No Fill Behind Text Box?

Henry

• 2 months later...

Make sure the version of VW you are working in is VW 9.5.2. If it's previous to 9.5.2, then the white text was an OS change between 10.1.4 and 10.1.5.

Go to VectorWorks, About VectorWorks. The version is in the Upper Right hand corner.

make sure the text isn't in a class that has the pen set to white.

Also make sure before selecting the text tool the pen color is set to something other than white in the Attributes palettes.