Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Check Box to include/remove a PIO from a report database?

MaxStudio

Is that report a databaserow in a worksheet that lists all those objects ?

Do you want that object to have that checkbox, or the report itself ?

You might try adding a checkbox in the pio, write the code in it that will delete the PIO when true. VS:DelObject might work?

This way you could change that value in a report with result the deletion of the object. Worksheet might need a recalculation afterwards.

I have a plugin that creates a door. I'm going to use the same plugin to make new and exisitng doors. I need a check box or pulldown to set the door to New or Existing. If the door is new it is included in the schedule/report... if its existing it is not included in the schedule, but remains a plug-in object on the drawing.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Is that report a databaserow in a worksheet that lists all those objects ?

You might try adding a checkbox in the pio, write the code in it that will delete the PIO when true. VS:DelObject might work?

A PIO can NEVER delete itself. You can have one PIO delete another but I don't think that was the original request anyway.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There is not way for the object to control the report, the report needs to be conditional on the object data.

The check simply needs to be done in the database report criteria. You can check the Boolean (or pop-up) value as part of the criteria. If the value is true then the object will appear in the report otherwise it will not. The PIO only has to have a place to store the value.