VW Icon in Menu Bar?

SLFY

Can anyone tell me what the VW icon in the menu bar is for?

On my windows machine, it is in the upper left corner, just below "Vectorworks 2013 - [filename.vwx]".

About once every 6 months or so, while in a hurry, and when I haven't saved for way too long - I will click on it by accident. Perhaps a half hour? of my life will slip by before I can get back to work, since it seems to set the program to chasing its tail, and it will not respond again until it is caught.

I don't know what it does or why it is there. It has been this way for as many versions as I can recall.

Just curious...thought I would spend this half hour seeing if I could find out what exactly is happening.

Thanks,

Sean

Lol, this is a very curious case indeed. I also had this from time to time and it just crashes VW here. I thought it could close the program etc.. like the tree buttons in the top right of the window, on a windows machine, but I'm not sure. I know don't have this because I save with the shortcut keys and there aren't any menu items in the first menu that I use a lot.