Creating a surface from 3d polys

Utectok

Hi Jonathan just bought ur book nice one!

No there are ASCII files in the open source OS contour survey data. I'm trying a diffrent approach by importing the os surveys. They should import through import survey command I've been told but I get an error on line two note every time? Perhaps there is a header code needed in the file?? I'm at a loss :-/

Cheers Will

Ps the advantage of this approach is I could have more data rather than loads of small google earth terrain clips that need fitting together.

Edited by Utectok

Land-Form PANORAMA?

Data type: Vector (Contours), Grid (DTM)

Supply format: DXF [Contours],

ASCII grid [DTM],

NTF [DTM]

Version: 04/2010

Note

This product is supplied both as a set of contours and spot heights (Contours) and as a gridded digital terrain model (DTM).

Panorama data was collected between 1970 and 1980. This product has not been updated since this date

Edited by Utectok

This also can be done via create contours then loft surface then project to surface but the softening added by using the curve tool creates a better result as the contours follow the triangle polys to closely.

I'm still having no luck importing ASCII data which would cut out the boring bit of sticking together all the little terrain maps from google earth.