Objects move location unexpectedly

Hi all,

We have a problem on one of our workstations, where the user will modify an object (for example: a rectangle) using the object info palette, and the object will shift its location, very slightly (i.e. a small fraction of an inch).

The object(s) shift no matter what vertex (or, points on the rectangle diagram) on the shape tab is selected. And, as far as we can tell, it is always shifting in the negative X direction.

Any thoughts on what is controlling this? Is it a feature, or a bug?

thanks.

No probably not. But you did say that it occurs on one of your workstations. Could it be hardware related? User related (operator error - or as my mechanic says: Loose nut behind the wheel)? What happens when that same person works on a different machine??

As I recall there were some very small (.001 ish) dimensional anomalies in some older versions. For example, you would create a rectangle of exactly 48" x 48" and it would subsequently report back as 48.001" in the OIP. Same when for moving objects, etc... I'm not sure I ever understood why it occurred and I'm not really sure if or when or how it was fixed...

If it's any consolation, I haven't seen this sort of issue in a long time. Not that any software is bug free. But this particular problem seems to have gone away...