.dae

Hi,

just playing around with 2013 (for the first time: sp 2 build 177995) mainly to use the export to .dae.

When I export from the design layer everything works well. When I export from the sheet layer it does not work. Does anyone export a viewport to .dae with it working?

thank you

Edited by barkest
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello barkest:

You cannot export sheet layers, as they do not contain 3D models. You have to export from a design layer.

I just tried entering a sheet layer viewport's design layer (right-click on viewport and choose Edit Design Layer) and then exporting and that works, so you can export a sheet layer viewport through that method. HTH

Thanks Dave

The export is not that great when I compare it to other exports of the same object from other applications. I have tried custom on very high etc. and final quality is better.

Overall I think it needs work as I now have to make my objects to fit the export. For example a simple extrude along path (circle and polyline) is pretty awful.

Thanks again

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Final Quality uses High curved object detail so Custom with Very High should not look worse. Can you send me the file you are exporting?

Also what exporting and importing application are you testing with? Sketchup seems to like dropping out faces and connecting them strangely, whereas the same model (circle extruded along freehand path) in CINEMA 4D looks pristine.

Edited by Dave Donley