Major problem after updating to SP2 (177995) and trying DWG export

Christiaan

I updated to v2013 SP2 (177995) yesterday.

Now when I open a current model file and try to export the section viewport sheet layers to DWG (unsuccessfully) I'm coming up against the following problems:

- Sluggish

- Can't change layers. I can select another layer in drop down menu but it won't change. At least it doesn't appear to change. Although after trying to I can't select anything showing in the window so it probably has changed in the background.

- Save as, save, quit, etc are greyed out

- Fit to page, fit to objects doesn't work

- etc.

Anyone else experiencing this?

no

although I do have one layer set to 1:1 all others 1:200 and now sporadically some of the others decide to set themselves to 1:1 ?

Your issue sounds like there's a process hanging somewhere. Have you rebooted?

Is one of the reference files open on another machine? Perhaps reboot all will fix this.

Hi Brian, reboot doesn't fix. In fact I've replicated the problem on another machine at work and now at home too.

Last night I sent some files to VSS and they ran into the same problem.

Some sheet layers will export. Simple plans for instance. But elevations/sections of models is a problem.

Reinstalling back to SP1.

Here's my problem:

When trying to export Sheet Layers with the setting 'Export Viewports as 2D .......' (see attached) a temporary DL is created (see attached) but no DWG is created, subsequently all normal behavior stops, zooming changing SL and DLs results in greatly erratic behavior. Save is greyed out, Exit VWs is greyed out the only way to Save is to click on the little red button on the drawing window and choose save. The only way to quit VWs is to force exit via the Apple icon....???? very frustrating!

(DWG export from DLs seems to work as expected.)

Anyone bug submit this yet?

Edited by Vincent C
  • 2 weeks later...