Computer upgrade

J. Wallace

We are upgrading one of our older macs and looking to purchase a macpro. We seem to be using site models more and more in our work and once you start adding textures the resources needed in a computer climb. Question for mac users... how much computer is enough, one quad core, two quad core chips?

Thanks for helping.

Thanks for the help everyone...

Imac with the i7 chip is looking good.

and expensive...

I was just looking at the iMacs at the Apple site because I wanted to know how "good" the specs are for graphics dependent programs. It seems that the "cheaper" ones aren't any good, and the "good" ones are way to expensive. I really can't see how people can pay that much for it... (PS: Don't tell me design, because I find them ugly.)

We sit down and get to work rather than how to make Windows function...

That's a story of the past... Windows has gotten so much better and can't be blamed anymore of this. Windows XP is more than 10 years old and 3 versions ago. And if it doesn't function, most of the time it's because of the user or some software. Plus the new Windows 8 is more like Mac OsX in that way that the user can't change things easily and he just needs to go with it (unless he knows what he is doing and how to do it (Most users think they know what they are doing...), which can't easily be done on a mac.) I never had any troubles with Windows that where related to the OS.

Ah geez. Windows versus Mac again. An endless "debate".

Honestly, there is NO use trying to argue your points. One side talks about how expensive things are... the other side talks about how everything "just works".

Just use what you use and get on with it.

DWorks: Some of us just like our Macs, okay? And maybe there's a reason Windows is making their new OS's more Mac like?

EIther way, people just like what they like.

If you honestly think it's all about a "pretty design" and the extra cost, then believe that... but please don't continue to fill the forum with more useless information.

:-)

thanks kindly.

PS: Yes, we use Macs. Lots of them. Yes I play with Windows computers too... and, truth be told, I like my Macs. But I'm not going to labour on about why I stick to them... I'm just going to get back to work now. Enjoy the day!