Double click on object in RB bug?

I've been seeing this for a while and I couldn't figure out what makes it happen.

Sometimes after an unknown event double clicking on a symbol in the RB doesn't cause that symbol to become active and the symbol insertion tool (or its Spotlight cousin) to become active.

Instead it brings up a "Create Resource" dialog box.

Once it starts there's nothing to do but either right click on symbols and choose Make Active until you get tired of it and/or restart VW.

It may have something to do with switching workspaces. Or it may not. Has anybody else seen this? I'd like to report it as a bug but I can't replicate it yet.

mk

Hi Michael, Not sure about that but I will mess around a bit. Interestingly, I would have probably never run across this as I almost never use the Symbol Insertion tool. Instead I simply grab the Symbol and drag it to the drawing. I do think there are some times when Symbol Insertion would be appropriate, such as clicking on the exact insertion point to properly locate, so I get why/how it's useful. In any case, remember what they say: when in doubt, file a bug...

It just happened again after the following events:

Working on a drawing in the Spotlight workspace

Opening a new drawing

Switching to the Architect workspace

Saving and closing the new drawing

Returning to the first drawing.

Double clicked on a spotlight instrument in the RB and inserted it

Noticed I was in the wrong workspace.

Deleted the last symbol inserted in the drawing

Switched workspaces.

Now double clicking on any resource in the RB brings up the Create Resource dialog box.

It is double clicking blank space in the resource Browser that brings up the "Create Resource" dialog.

Is it possible you are clicking in between the symbols? I can pull up the dialog by intentionally clicking just above or below a symbol in list view. And when you do this, it still highlights the symbol, so you think you have the symbol, but instead get the dialog.

Perhaps you are missing a direct hit on the symbol, and clicking the blank space instead sometimes.