Importing DWG file with dimensions

I just spoke with Nemetschek about importing DWG files, and was told that the demo version (which is what I have) doesn't fully demonstrate the DWG import abilities. Anyone know what is not working like the full version?

I successfully import most objects, but am puzzled about why some objects always face the viewer, even when you change to an isometric view. Most (but not all) of these objects are dimensions that are placed on and around the object in 3-D space. Perhaps dimensions just don't import?

Joe Dunfee

The demo version has everything the application has as far as tools and symbols, however it doesn't have import/export and save or printing capabilities.

If an object is a 2d object, it will stay in place no matter what view you have it in, such as dimensions in VW.

As for dimensions in AutoCad that come over, they should be 3d objects if I remember correctly since everything is 3d in ac.

What version of AC files are you working with?

Katie

In my case, the DWG's can be either version 14 or 2002. You say there is no import with the demo version... but there is. The sales/support guy says it is not fully functional in the demo version, but that is one of the more important things I needed to check out.

Joe Dunfee

[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: JoeCAD ]