Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

SetClass on individule components within a PIO

Hi All,

I am working on a PIO which is made up of serveral different components, each component is set with the default class of the overall PIO.

Using the 'Classes Pop-up' in the parameters list I have created 3 classes pop-ups so that each of the three components can have independant classes.

What script do you use to assign each component to a classes pop-up?

So far I've been using this with no luck

SetClass (Handle, pClassAAA);

SetFillColorByClass(Handle);

SetPenColorByClass(Handle);

SetFPatByClass(Handle);

SetLWByClass(Handle);

SetLSByClass(Handle);

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Joshua

Joshua,

Assuming your class pop-up is called "ClassAAA," your code is correct. It is possible that you are not correctly getting a handle to the object you want to class. Inserting Message(Handle) and checking for a non-zero result could be a troubleshooting step. Also, try duplicating your plug-in and converting to group. You can then look at each component in Object Info and see what is going on.

HTH,

Josh

Cheers Josh

I was looking at my script and got it to work, the problem arose when I was trying to use that code on a component which was created from AddSolids' then I can't get it to work...

I can't seem to be able to select the handle of the new component after using the:

result := AddSolid(h1, h2, Handle);

SetClass (Handle, pClassAAA);

Is there an exttra step I can take to correctly get the handle to the new solid?

Josh.