Sign in to follow this  
joe newell's ghost

Dimensions quiz

Is there a fast and easy and completely AUTOMATIC way to convert imperial dimensions in an imperial drawing to metric dimensions in a metric drawing.

I know I can just change the scale and monkey around a bit to make the drawing metric but I need to provide a metric dimensioned drawing to a municipality for a building permit and an imperial one to a contractor for construction. How do I convert without having to change each and every dimension manually.

Anyone?

thanks!

uh...what do you mean?

I changed the units to be in millimetres and changed the scale to be a metric scale. The only thing I am stymied on is all the little datum elevations on my site plan which aren't dimensions and so won't convert with the units options. Also all the dimensions I fudged are sticking out like sore thumbs as imperial in a sea of metric.