Worksheet sort

Hi all,

I'm I've been drawing up some signal follows for media systems, and then (using a connectCAD) making a worksheet...My issue is trying to sort that worksheet...I normally do light plots so i just use LW for my paperwork, so its been a little bit since I've used the worksheets, but in the past i remember sort to be a snap....I know I'm supposed to drag the sort function to the column, but I can't get it to un-gray, and allow me to use it....I am sure I'm missing some super dumb simple step, but for the life of me I can't figure it out....any ideas?

If the row numbers have a decimal point, i.e. 4.3, then click on a row header.

The sort ascending, sort descending, and sum icons will become selectable. Drag one to the row you want to sort or sum.

If the rows have no decimal point then you have to manually reorder the rows.

hth

mk

PS, isn't connectCAD amazing?

For the most part I like...just some small things that are a little annoying (mostly because I don't come from video system design background so i'm sure I want to draw in a weird LDish way), but overall I do enjoy the speed bump from manually drawing everything....

So....I guess the question is if I can get CC to output a worksheet in a way that I could quickly resort it (as I don't have decimal points in my rows) by things such as racks or devices (or even to resort my cable numbers after I make changes)

The spreadsheet vs. database issue would answer part of my question as I had only used it with LX data before