Stick Car - English demo

You can get such a plugin for free through Service Select, named Truck Space. You can set any vehicle on a polyline and then the space needed will be shown. You can even change the poly after the creation because it's a path based object.

I can't find it either, can you post the plugin here Dieter?

Couldn't help once again making my own icon for the StickCar :grin: feel free to use it if it tickles your fancy......

Edited by Vincent C

I recall the previous version of StickCar never had the donut problem - it ran under Vectorworks 8, and you would simply click where you want the car to go. The author did state that this is an alpha version, meaning it has more bugs than a beta. Still, it's a nice start - I like how it uses 2D symbols to choose the graphic outline of a car.

You can get such a plugin for free through Service Select, named Truck Space. You can set any vehicle on a polyline and then the space needed will be shown. You can even change the poly after the creation because it's a path based object.

I can't find it either, can you post the plugin here Dieter?

I can find it on our VSS:

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=8538&filename=VSS Truck Space.png

I don't know why such things are country dependent, but it sure isn't good. VW and it's users would benefit from all stuff. I once could on the US VSS due to my country settings of my pc and I saw that there are a massive amount of tutotials and libraries we don't have. I wish that they did the VSS site worldwide.

Edited by DWorks

I've overlaid StickCar's generated paths over some AustRoads templates I have and from what I can see its paths are not even close to being correct.

The best option I have found is autotrack from the UK. It is available as a standalone package which can run on both PCs and Macs (Bootcamp or Parallels):

- AutoTrack Roads Pro does complex animated path simulations.

- Autotrack Templates Pro does simple static path diagrams.

Input and output is via DXF (Note - the cheapest available option AutoTrack Templates doesn't input and output DXF so don't bother with it).

http://www.savoycomputing.com/home

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...