Concatenate two record formats one one report

Hello,

I wonder if it's possible to concatenate two different record formats on one single report. Further explaining:

+ I'm using a symbol that has some of its record fields connected through ODBC. I don't want to edit these fields, so they're configured as DB read only.

+ But at the same symbol I also need some other fields where I have to input data that varies (client, project, quantity).

The solution I'm using now is attaching all these fields (the editable and the non-editable) on the same record format. But there's a catch here: since I need to input data, I can't put this record field inside the symbol.

What I'm looking for is something like this:

+ The fields containing the records that I don't want/need to change are inside the symbol on record format 'A' and the editable fields are on record format 'B', obviously on the outside of the symbol so that I'm able to input this data. (Hope you understand what I mean by inside and outside the symbol... By "inside", I mean embebbed);

+ When I create a report, VW concatenates both record formats A & B from this symbol and I'm happy :-)

You migh say it's possible via VectorScript, but it's too esoteric for me... So, I'm wondering if VW is capable of handling this by itself.

Sorry for my poor English, BTW.

Regards,

pattoni

It's very possible.

The worksheet database doesn't care what record formats are attached.

So you can use whatever criteria you want and call whatever fields of whatever records you want or whatever geometric data may be available for an object.

Make sure you are attaching the record format to the symbol definition and not to objects inside the symbol. Then you can still edit the data.

example attached.

hth

mk