Convert DTM to 3D object

Hi,

I have a large DTM of a couple of streets with multiple lots for buildings. The DTM works fine. I have a file for this DTM and a file for each building. I use referencing to import the DTM into the building file. I have to create elevations, but because the site is so complex, I need to use the DTM in my section viewports. VW always crashes on this. So I need to find a way to convert a copy of the DTM to something else so that I can render my elevations created by section viewports. I can't find a workable solution. I have tried a draped surface, .... Even converting to 3D polygons doesn't work well because of the size of the DTM.

I hope others have a solution for this.

dworks,

i always find cutting sections with complex dtms to be messy. limiting extents in all directions including the looking toward direction helps a lot.

my sound a bit silly in the bim-age...but once i finally get a clean section thru the dtm, i trace it with polylines, then turn the dtm class off. make further work in section a lot easier and faster.

cheers,

ray

dworks,

i always find cutting sections with complex dtms to be messy. limiting extents in all directions including the looking toward direction helps a lot.

my sound a bit silly in the bim-age...but once i finally get a clean section thru the dtm, i trace it with polylines, then turn the dtm class off. make further work in section a lot easier and faster.

cheers,

ray

The problem with that is that I need to see the dtm behind the section line. So I can't turn it off. If I only need the section, I just create a dtm section through the menu command for it. But for elevations, I need to see the dtm behind the section line. I really hope this gets fixed in a service pack.