Tool Set Tool Modification

mmiles

I would like to use the "Room Name Simple" tool found in the Dim/Notes tool palette, but I would like to modify is somewhat. I.e. remove the fill pattern on the room number text; or change the font; and modify the box drawn around the room number.

Can someone tell me: Is it possible to modify, or copy and modify this tool? If so, how do I go about it?

(I am using VW 2008 Architect).

thanks!

Some of what you want can be done, however unless you re-write your new plug-in these changes will apply to the entire Room Name. There is no way to pick and choose. Changing the Font is easy: either Select a Room Name object and then change the Font in the Font Menu pulldown. Or, with nothing selected, change the Font in the pulldown. This sets the Default Font. Now all Text and any Objects with Text will use the Default.

As far as I know you cannot modify the box, or change the fill on a particular portion. Although you can remove or change the fill on the entire object.

Thanks. I always forget about the pull-down menu for selected text!

How can I turn off the fill for the whole project? Is this specific to text?

I think re-writing the plug-in is what I am interested in knowing more about. I have modified a title block, following a tutorial, but that is the extent of my customization experience (in VW). Any suggestions?

Edited by mmiles