Plant list

I have created a new descriptive plant list worksheet with fields including height, flower colour etc. All working fine in most cases, but in just a few instances the height given is wrong - ie it does not match the height given in the plant object description. I have tried editing the plant object description, both within the file I am working on and in the parent library file from which the plant object was imported, to no avail. Where else should I look?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Emailed reply. The issue is caused by the SUM function being applied to the Latin Name column. Because there is more than one instance of each plant, Vectorworks is also summing the height data. If you add the SUM function to the Height column, this will reverse the process. Have sent you an email with screenshots...

Best

T

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes, it's been a symptom of the summarise facility for a long time. If you summarise the results, numeric values such as price, height or spread will also be summarised. But you can add the sum to numeric columns and the worksheet will then display the original entered value.