IGES Export in VW 2013

I'm hoping someone can help explain to me why I cannot get VW 2013 to correctly export an IGES file, every time I selected the export of an IGES file all I get is an empty file with ZERO bytes in it.

This is extremely annoying as it now looks like I'm going to have to revert to 2012 in order to get a project finished.

I have tried working around this by exporting a 3DM file but there are problems with that exporter as well, as the resulting file ends up with some missing surfaces!

-Robin

I just did a test of the IGES export in VW2013 and it seems to work fine so its likely a problem with your file. A couple of things you could check -

- are you on an empty layer? I think IGES only exports the active layer.

- do you have 3D geometry? I think IGES only exports 3D geometry. 2D geometry gets discarded.

- you may need to be in a 3D view. I know this was true of some export settings in older versions and is probably likely if your objects are hybrid.

Kevin

Perhaps there is something in your geometry that the export routine doesn't like. If you create a simple file (ie. an extruded cube) will it export ok to IGES?

You could try posting your file here for someone else to try.

Kevin

PS. Maybe add a signature to your profile that describes your system and Vectorworks version. Click on My Stuff at the top of the forum page. Are you running the latest Service Pack?