Native Vectoworks for Linux!

Comlink

Question

Hi,

We are a company in Belgium making Furniture,

We have a whole IT system running on Linux, just a couple of Desktops running Windows, Special for Running Vectorworks.

So here i'am asking you please port Vectorworks to Linux pls pls pls :)

I hope i'm not alone but, windows is done for me a long time! and mac is ... good but not Linux

thx

Pls linx guru's support my request :)

2 answers to this question

I have been a long time VW user. However Im stuck on 12.5.3

Why?

Cos the 2014 demo disk would not start on my winxp or my win7 VM.

Whats a VM? a VirtualBox virtual instance of windows XP. The only time i resort to windows is to use VW on a VM on Linux.

PLEASE PORT TO LINUX

You would clean up. Dont beleive the BS - Linux is so easy to install and set up these days. It is far more stable, secure and nicer to use than windows, and a new pc with linux installed can be had at half the price of a mac pro for the same performance.

PS

Why did Nemetschek screw up 2014 and make it not run in a VM? was this deliberate?

Untill I can run a new version of VW on my Linux pc I will not be buying an upgrade. Simples.

Port to Linux and I will be at the front of the que with my credit card.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm fairly confident the only component of Vectorworks that is disabled intentionally on a virtual machine is the G series license server, to prevent abuse.

Vectorworks 2014 will isn't supported directly VMs because of how important graphics hardware has become, mainly since it tends to bog down dramatically under virtualization, but I have seen it work.

I have had Vectorworks 2014 running on Virtualbox in both a Windows 7 and Windows XP VM, but only when the host machine was running OS X 10.8, OS X 10.9 or Windows 7.

Very soon however, Vectorworks will no longer depend on QuickTime, which was the main problem I ran into when trying to run Vectorworks on a Linux OS under WINE. If we don't end up offering an official release for Linux, WINE may soon become a viable option.