about fluorescent lamp render in renderworks

lchen

Add a camera and create a viewport. In the sheet layer select the viewport and make sure the visualisation palette is open. Turn off the lights you do not need for that particular camera shot via the visualisation palette and just render the lights 'in shot' In the OIP click lighting options (this will show with the viewport selected) and push the ambient down (or turn it off maybe) and decide on the indirect lighting (probably none in your case).

I believe in 2013 (I don't have this) that you can render a viewport and then return to the design layer to carry on working whilst it renders and it shows when it is finished via the navigation palette (others can confirm this).

maybe others have a better or different idea to this but I would not be doing a render of the whole scene as a 1000 area lights (seems very high to me btw) is going to hurt.

Also I have no idea what your render settings are so its pretty much guesswork (I would play around with custom) and also I have no idea what textures you have set up etc.