NURBS Surface and send to surface command

ginger04

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

HI

Send to Surface works only on a Site Model.

However, if you create a Site Model and change your Document Preferences to turn on Mesh Smoothing, you might get a better presentation AND get all the other benefits of a site model (presentation, cut and fill, model before, model after).

Thank you! But in comparison to the mesh smoothing, drape surface and finally nurbs surface is best looking possible I think (smoothest surface). In that case I even prefer to add each plant individually, putting each Z coordinate for the plant (time consuming but looks natural to me). I just grouped all (five) of my site models. I've found out that it prevents from asking me every time I had put or modified each plant (it shows: choose site model). When you have plenty of plants it is very irritating. It is all because one site model wouldn't present the complicated terrain I needed ( a sample in attachment).

Maybe next time I'll try your way of dealing with DTM - especially in large scale projects:) So, thank you very much!