Sign in to follow this  
FRED JOHNSON

dormer & window

This may be a basic question but I can't seem to make a roof dormer nor insert a window into it. The directions in the VW "how to" don't seem to work.

I have created the roof and the 2d/3d window but the "edit roof elements" dialog does not appear..HELP and be very specific and step by step.

Drag the window symbol from the resource browser onto the roof object and the dormer will be created automatically.

Sorry, I assumed you were using 2012/2013 but you're on 2010, can't remember how it was there.

Edited by Vincent C

In Vw 2013 dormers and skylights can be added to both Roof and Roof Face objects. In earlier versions they only work in Roof objects.

I found the answer, roof object has to have a fill, without it the window won't insert.

Good catch! (Can it be so that the roof doesn't 'sense' the symbol because there is no fill? Try placing the symbol on the roof (without fill) edge.)

Edited by Vincent C