Auto-bounded slabs should stay connected

Christiaan

Question

It's unacceptable that we should have to go around our entire models and check slab joins every time we want to issue a revision.

Firstly they just shouldn't become disconnected. But if it can't be avoided for some reason then the user needs to be notified in some unobtrusive way that a slab has become disconnected.

I hate this kind of thing about VW. It makes it awful to use. You can never rely on your geometry staying put.

3 answers to this question

This situation from 2 years ago persists today.

When auto-bound slabs convert to manual not only is there no indication it happened but the physical geometry of the slab changes as if you drew it manually to the inside face of the walls.

When a wall edit forces a conversion from auto-bound to manual not only should it give you an alert but it should prompt you to choose where you would like the slab perimeter to be drawn at. Say the inner or outer wall or inner or outer wall core. I think this would satisfy a whole lot of different slab and wall types.

As it stands I feel I have no choice but to continue to use manual slabs exclusively.

Joe