Data Stamp Refresh not working

Hi -

I have never used the Data Stamp tool until today, but it appears that it is not working properly. When I create a PDF file or send directly to the printer the date and time do not update. I have "Reset all plug-in objects that require a reset..." checked in both the create PDF and Print dialog boxes.

The particular instance of the data stamp that I am referring to is within a symbol that we have for our title block.

Also (perhaps this is a clue) the data stamp does not update when I close then open the file again.

Any help is appreciated.

Very interesting.

I've always been using the sheet border tool to manage title blocks.

When the sheet border tool is used, the data stamp updates perfectly.

If the data stamp is inside a symbol (and that symbol is not called by the sheet border tool), it refuses to update.

mk

Edited by michaelk

2011 file attached.

To update the data stamp(s):

1. Print or create a PDF. There is a setting in the print dialog box to "reset all plug in objects". It lists the Data Stamp as one of the objects. Make sure that option is checked.

OR

2. Tools > Utilities > Reset All Plug-Ins Agree to the warning.

OR

3. Drag the drawing border and title block away from its position. When you release it, it will snap back into place and update the data stamps.

hth

mk

Unfortunately, if you scale your title block, the DS doesn't. I use same title block for different sheet sizes and just rescale to visually match. As the DS does not rescale with the title block, I have to place it separately. Not a biggie for me as I don't normally produce more than one or two sheets per plan.