Site pad with retaining edge madness

Does anyone have a handle on using pad with retaining edge with the "send to surface" command? From reading the documentation, I expect that the pad stays put and the retaining edge would go to the terrain surface. Sounds great, but I can't get anything to work. (Caveat, I am working with a site model originally created in v2012). When I select just the pad and go "send to surface," nothing happens. When I select the pad and the terrain model and go "send to surface," the pad and retaining edge don't move, and the whole site model moves down to some apparently random location. Pad is set to "modify proposed." Another caveat, I'm still working with SP1 until the WGR issue is resolved.

:-( :-(

Hi Peter, thanks, but don't you want to define the retaining edge BEFORE you update the site model? I'll try updating first and let you know if this works.

Later: what happens if you update first is the terrain is warped to meet the undesired pad location instead of cutting vertically down to the pad.

Edited by P Retondo