Need Help Exporting Legacy Mini-CAD Files

webcustoms

Question

Hi all,

I've tried finding a solution to the problem but it seems that there is no universal viewer or converter to convert Legacy Mini-CAD documents to the newer version of Vectorworks or DWG.

I've tried installing the oldest viewer possible and these files are still too old (needed to dig up my pre-2000 mac mini from the drawer). There's a converter available, but it needs an old version of vector works to run, but it's not available for sale anymore.

Does anyone on here have the capability or know how to convert these documents for me? I would really appreciate any help. I have uploaded the files please private message me or e-mail me if you can help.

Thank you,

Ray.

3 answers to this question

Design Express, the Vectorworks distributor in Belgium, has a convertor for download that converts MiniCAD 5 and newer to a Vectorworks 10.5 file. It does not require older versions of Vectorworks to be installed.

It can be found at:

http://www.vectorworks.be/support/softwaredownloads/

Scroll all the way down until "Diversen"

They have a version for Macintosh (works on OS 9 only) and for Windows.

Click on "Vertaalprogramma" under the Macintosh or Windows headings and you can download the software from there.

Edited by Art V

It looks like they have put a new updated website online during the past few days, as I got the link directly from the website when I posted it.

The new link to the download page is now:

http://www.vectorworks.be/nl/support/downloads/software

Scroll all the way down until you see:

Vectorworks oude bestanden omzetten

Then click on the links for the Windows or Mac (OS 9 only) versions. (There is Mac and Windows in the link description so that should be self explanatory)