Reverse Shutter

When I shutter a light it works like how a normal light would with the bottom shutter affecting the top of the beam.

Which is fine but when i turn the Draw Beam option, the wire beam it shows me is of the shutters not the light. So it is the reverse.

Is there a way to get the beam that is drawn to show the actual light beam and not the shutter beam.

The pic I included is the problem i have u can see the bean is just the reverse of the actual light.

Since this was my first post I didnt know then to put my specs in my signature. I have VW 2012 (student copy if that at all matters) Is there something different in 2013? Or is there some sort of setting that i have selected that I shouldnt? Bc the pic that you showed me is exactly what i have been trying to do to no avail

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There was a lot of work done to the lighting device for 2013. In 2012 you can try Flipping the light Horizontal or Vertical. Lights that have been flipped rather than rotated have caused problems in the past or it may be a related problem to your other post because you are using older versions of the symbols that have different default orientations.

• 2 years later...