MacOS X 10.2 Causes VectorWorks to Fail

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also take some time to simplify the problem. The crash occures during copy/paste. it does not matter if you use the menu command or keyboard shortcut. The problem is completely random. You can copy and paste for an hour and then without doing anything different, it crashes. Once you go back and copy/paste the same item that crashed it, it then works. I have worked on about 6 different files with some starting from scratch and it happens on each file. I do not believe at all that this is file specific.

There is nothing I can do to make steps that will crash it on demand. it is a completely spontaneous event.

Further to this I am getting quite tired of the blaming and attitude talk. Comments such as "that is the price you must pay for working with the newest version of Apple's operating system" serves no purpose except to further infuriate users that are already ticked off. As stated, this is not an option for people that just bought new hardware. BTW. I have no problems with 10.2 or any other piece of software running on it. My problem is solely with Vectorworks. So before making snoody comments about other companies, I would take a look in the mirror first.

... and discover that 'snoody' should have been 'snooty'? Dang that writing backwards...

blush.gif" border="0 what is this emoticon supposed to be?

Is anyone who has the problem -- random or consistent -- NOT working on a network, regardless of whether or not the file being worked upon is on a remote drive?i.e. Does jumping off the network -- including pulling the CAT-5 or whatever -- help?

I have been using 9.5.3b on OS 10.2 and aside from one crash when I did a revert and minor-seeming redraw issues (dissappearing text at certain zoom levels) I have had no problems. I do find that after a few hours the program seems to run slower (reminds me a bit of 9.0.1 when you go to a saved sheet, etc, although not nearly as slow). I am connected to a small LAN. There's my 2cents. PLC G4 450 DP/ os 10.2 & 9.2 / VWAL w/ RW 9.5.3b & 9.5.2.

Hello -

THANK YOU, NEMETSCHEK!

I just visited the Vectorworks User Forum site and found the following posting from Paul C. Pharr.

Hi everyone,

We posted 9.5.3b2 this afternoon to resolve some additional problems withMacOS 10.2 compatibility.

http://www.nemetschek.net/downloads/vectorworks/9.5.3b2_page.html

This addresses most known problems with the exception of dongle drivercompatibility. We expect to have a solution for that issue soon.

Thanks,

Paul C. PharrCAD Software ManagerNemetschek North America

wow! Thanks for getting these bug fixes out so quickly. Your users really appreciate the hard work that goes into crushing these bugs. I don't know if it fixed my problems yet since I am downloading the update right now but I am glad to see that I can count on Nemetschek. Your excellent support will not go unnoticed.