Reference Symbol Folders and Entire Symbol Libraries

I am essentially trying to reference all the resources of one file (my symbol library file) into another file (my current project).

In VW2012 and prior, when in my destination file, if I selected a whole bunch of Symbol Folders in the resource browser, right-clicked, and clicked "Import", it would bring the folders over into the new file, but as long as I had set up a reference to the source file, the individual resources (symbols) would be referenced in, not imported.

Now, in 2013, it seems that this same process results instead in all the individual resources being imported. Nooo!!

I need to be able to bring hundreds and hundreds of symbols (organized in dozens of folders and sub-folders) into a new file as referenced resources. How can I do this quickly?

Thanks,

Jake

Ah ha! I did some more experimenting and I figured out a solution. If you use drag-and-drop importing (drag a bunch of symbol folders into the drawing space of the new file) from a file which is already setup as a reference, it will bring the symbols within those folders in as references! Woohoo!

I still wish "Reference" was not grayed out when you right-click on a symbol folder, but this is a fine workaround.