Why do i have to update viewports after exporting a batch PDF?

I've had exactly the opposite experience. For me, 2013 crashes much much less and runs faster than 2012. I think that the export PDF/viewport issue also happens in 2012.

I've often wished that a Vector Script call was available to turn off the viewport update indication. If you change the graphic attributes of a section line, the viewport that section line generates indicates that it needs to be updated. If you change the price of something in a worksheet, then all viewports with the symbol whose data changed show that they need to be updated.

mk

If you hit undo after moving a group of sheet layer viewports around on a sheet they need to be updated?!? I agree with all of MichaelK's observations, they often need updating for no reason at all.

I have seen weirdness after a batch PDF export in 2013. Once it piled all of the viewports from all of the sheet layers visually on top of each other in their wireframe form. When I refreshed the view, all of them disappeared again except the ones on the current sheet layer. There is something not right about the update viewport command in 2013, but I haven't seen anything repeatable to Bugsubmit.

I actually wish there was an Update Viewports on Current Sheet command.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
I've seen this, too. But it doesn't happen on every file. Maybe it's related to the size of the file?

If you have a file that always does it, please submit a bug.

mk

This seems to happen with all my files, i'll submit one as a bug when i get time.

I also find that i need to sometimes update viewports after i go into an annotation layer as well, again i don't see why this action should require updating viewports either.

Edited by Alan H