white patch on rendered image

MaryBea

Would anyone have an idea what is causing this white area in the final rendering? It doesn't exist as an object and doesn't show up in openGL or in wireframe. When I export the rendered image the white area changes shape and position in the exported image.

Thanks for any help.

Bea

VW Landmark & Renderworks 2012

iMac OS 10.7.5

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hmm - just looked at the images and I can see the symptoms are different to what I described above, and I don't think you are using indirect lighting? So, probably a rogue object. Is this a viewport? If not, try making a viewport and carefully selecting classes and layers (one by one if necessary), but also turn off the planar objects setting as it could be a 2D layer plane object floating somewhere.

Hope that helps

• 1 year later...

Going back to this topic because a similar thing has happened today. The picture attached (final quality renderworks) shows a light grey rectangle dotted with white circles. It doesn't exist as an object in the VW drawing. When I delete all the 2d locus points it disappears. Any ideas?

Bea

I have seen this circle-pattern behavior when the drawing includes planar geometry (flat, not-really 3d geometry on a layer plane) when light is cast on it.

If you create a viewport and uncheck Display Planar Geometry from the viewports Object Info Palette, then render the viewport, do you still see the circles?

Edited by JimW

To confirm, you can use Select Similar to select all the 2D loci and class them together, then turn that class of and re-render.

Otherwise, it is usually rectangles, circles, polygons, lines or other non-solid 3D geometry causing it.

Viewports (set as described earlier) are another way around having to find the geometry and remove it. However this issue has been submitted.

• 1 year later...