VW 12.5.3 problems on a new machine...

JasonC2011

Question

Hi,

I reinstalled Vectorworks 12 on a new machine after my old one had to be decomissioned and now I am not able to import/export PDF's, or export KML files... their menu options have been greyed out and changed to the following:

Import PDF...: menu ID -193 not available in VectorWorks.

Export PDF...: menu ID -176 not available in VectorWorks.

Export KML(3D Only)...: menu ID -356 not available in VectorWorks.

This is after updating to 12.5.3 with the direct update on a fresh install. the fresh install would actually not open at all.

Machine is running windows 7 pro 64-bit edition.

Any ideas how to get this up and running again?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Guest Jim Kelly

12 is not officially supported on Windows 7:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/729/Windows+7+Support

That said, you might be able to resolve your issues as this person did by updating to the latest version:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=149110

You only need to be concerned with the steps for the dongle driver update if you have a Series B license with a hardware dongle. If you are unsure, that likely means you don't need to be concerned about it.

Nemetschek informed me the same thing about v12 not being supported in Win7. I am not surprised at all, of course, it is legacy software... but it is all I can afford at this time.

The tech support rep pointed me in the direction of this board as a potential source of help since I am not the only user in this boat... stuck in 12.5, that is.

I tried the link you shared, but unfortunately, the advice didn't help.

Looks like I am going to be stuck with these features missing for a while. Oddly enough, I think this is all that is missing.. but I haven't had a chance to fully shake out this installation yet.

Thanks again!