Wall Component Textures

Hakman

1- How would someone deal with texture when you have a wall component that stretch for the length of the space, yet having divided Rooms in between with a different texture, I would still want to texture the wall by component and not as by object using classes.

2- Also how would someone deal with the side of the wall component, see attached image.

I've tried the Extract Surface Mode tool, that works but it is too much work to keep offsetting the NURB Surface so it wouldn't be blended into the wall, also I still have to use the Split Tool to divide the wall, and if any wall changes that would be trouble again.

See attached images,

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Wes Gardner

In your example 001.jpg, I'd use the Wall Cap tool to cap the end of the wall.

In your example 002.jpg, I'd create a Wall Style that has "Interior Finish 2" as one of the components, this will differentiate it from "Interior Finish 1" so you can get different paint colors/textures.

I set up ALL my components within my wall styles to "Use Class Attributes". with this I am assured that "down the road" I have the flexibility to make the poche/hatch/fill look like whatever I want as I produce my set of drawings.

Thanks Wes I appreciate your help,

- In example 001.jpg I fixed the side by wrapping it but how do you deal with the top part of the wall?

- In example 002.jpg I do have it the way you describe, maybe I wasn?t clear in my inquiry,

Let say you have a wall style component that goes for 40? as an exterior wall, then you have other wall styles components intersecting the exterior wall to make the interior rooms, if you set the interior part of the exterior wall style component to ?? drywall and you set the texture to a class that have a white color drywall texture, wouldn't that texture carry over for the entire length of the wall, therefor a part of the interior walls that makes the rooms will have that white texture?

Edited by Hakman
Guest Wes Gardner

There are a couple of ways to cap the top of a wall - none of them are "automatic". You can create a wall style called Wall Masonry Cap or Wall Framing Cap or something similar (DO NOT call it Wall Cap as that name is used elsewhere) set up components that match the wall you intend to cap and basically place a wall on top of your main wall (The wall cap wall will only be a couple of inches high. The other method is to create cap flashing just like you'd build it - use Extrude Along Path.

I believe the answer to your other question might be that you'll need to create a wall style for every change in texture/color/paint.