Stability of information on design layers

Christiaan

I've noticed an increasing problem with the stability information we place on our drawings.

For instance walls extending themselves at once end. I've experienced this about half a dozen times on a project I'm currently working on and it gives me the hibby jibbies.

The other thing I've just noticed today (in fact the contractor noticed it) is the inexplicable disappearance of dimensions. I have a substructure setting out where some of the dimensions have vanished. They're not on different classes or layers, they've just vanished between drawing issues. And quite a few of them.

Once we've placed something in out model we must be able to trust that it will stay there as we've drawn it and until we change it. We cannot be expected to check every single object on every single drawing every time we issue drawings.

We've never had this problem before. All of this smacks of constraints to me. And I wonder whether it's something to do with working fully in 3D now too, although I can't imagine that it is given that walls have always been 3D objects.

Is anyone else experiencing these sorts of problems?

All of this smacks of constraints to me.

Actually I've just taken a closer look at a superseded file and this is exactly what it is. All the dimensions missing are ones that are constrained (i.e. with the green associated dimension box).

Should be outraged but the sad thing is I've stopped being surprised by this sort of carry on.

Same issues with dimensions, a lot of them are missing and some just extend out to space and others are not where they were when I closed the file. This release is so buggy and so full of issues, that i've gone back to 2012 with all its issues. Roof is a total joke, and I am unable to create a roof on a complex house without the file crashing or freezing up.

• 2 weeks later...