more DTM

jnr

Benson:

Tried to copy into new file. did not work. My suspicion is DTM creation. If I go from 2D polyline to 2D polygon to 3D polygon: texture works but file becomes so slow its practically useless, even in wireframe.

If I go 2D polyline to 3D polygon, file is fast, but texture only works on extruded contour. go figure.

using 2013 designer. got any ideas?

-J

Dunno, not seeing same. The conversion sequence does not stop texture acceptance. File too big to attach but here is description of my file. Is this your sequence:

Layer 1 is source several polylines in spline mode. These were paste in place to the other layers and converted.

Layer 2 the polys were Modify>Convert to 2d polygon, then Mod>Convert to 3d Polygon, then AEC>Survey Input > Terrain/Create DTM

Layer 3 I did 2d polys Mod>Convert to 3d polygon, then assigned z values via OIP (skipped the Survey Input), then DTM.

Both DTMs render fine OGL in all 3d modes except the 3d Contour (but that mode has no surface, only the contours)

This must be some other problem with your DTM. Does your fail DTM have a color fill to accept the texture?

Keep trying.

-B

Its a 69mb file when it reaches DTM. 6.1mb when its 2D polylines. have tried various color fills in the DTM to no avail. have been using a grass texture from the Nature textures library.

also have the dtm referenced in as a design viewport in the project file. Mushrooms to 179mb (roughly a 1000' x1400' urban site).

File began as a 2012 where it was so slow converted to 2013 that I spent about 4 days redrawing the whole bloody thing in 2013. I'm getting completely worn out by one glitch after another.

-J

JNR - just horsing around with this some more and may have a solution. A sample file refused to take a texture in the 3d Grid mode. Two settings affect the site model texture: class of site model and class of the site model components. I think my 3d Grid settings did not "stick" and had to be toggled. Or maybe it was something else.

1. The site model may be in the None class, or some other class defined by you. Edit that class and click the Other tab in the Render section at bottom of Edit dialog. Pick a texture (toggle during 2 edits).

2. Reveal and toggle the balky 3d component graphic settings:

Right click the site model and choose Edit (or OIP>Site Model Settings).

Click the Graphic Properties button (lower right)

Select the 3d Triangles, and click Edit

Toggle the class (defaults to ) to None and back. Or may need to set to None, accept, Edit again to reset.

Or you can assign those 3d graphic components to some other class(es) with other texture(s).

-B

This got my textures going again anyway.

HTH

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=8303&filename=NoneTexture.pngubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=8304&filename=GraphicProperties.png