Text into drawing

Try saving the document from Word to an EPS. We use our PostScript Printer Driver and "save as file". You can then import the text block into VectorWorks via "Import EPSF".

Text blocks imported this way retain all formatting including tabs, justification etc.

In our office we bring in a 8" wide by 22" long double justified key note strip into every drawing.We also do a full 24" x 36" General Notes sheet in a six column format the same way.

The only down side is that to edit the document, you have to trash the EPS, make your changes in Word, and re-import.

Regards,

PeterT

You can copy a word document into VW, however some of the formatting is not retained. Things like superscripts and subscripts are not supported in VW 8 nor VW 9. I can't think of other formatting that isn't supported off the top of my head.

VW 9 supports word wrapping and I am faily certain VW 8 supports it as well.

There is a checkmark box called "Wrap Text" in the OIP when a text block is selected. It's the same in VW 8.

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

Thanks everyone!!

A bit of lateral thinking got me close to this answer last night. Close enough to get a plot done and save someones bacon. Someone who doesn't know how to use the computer.

Loads of ideas here and I thank you all

Here's an idea for nemetschek.

Get your fingers out and develop an interface between word processing programs and VW.Having to re-import a spec sheet everytime you have to edit it, should have been obsolete when banana clips were around (whatever they are). Thats what we have computers for.

by the way whatever happened to the 4 day work week and the paperless office that computers were supposed to usher in? confused.gif" border="0