Tape measure tool: random numbers

i've found that the tape measure tool is almost useless due to it being so inaccurate.

there is an exception- it seems the accuracy depends on two things; the scale of the layer combined with the percentage of Zoom. on an 1/8 scale layer, i have to be zoomed in to at least 100 percent for an accurate measure. even then, it may take a time or two.

since time is money, i quit using it and just pull a dimension.... but i zoom on the points to make sure it snaps (which in some cases it's way off).

Okay, KT.

Offset a line 200. With only your Object constraint on, check the distance from one endpoint to the other. Do it repeatedly, at different zooms, and panning around a bit. Do it quickly (apparently I am the only one in our office who works quickly), with no pause after you get the 'Point' cursor hint.

VW9.5.b05->.2, OS9->X.1.5

The problem is synchronization between field updating and the point at which their updates are halted (at snap). When the cursor position is halted at snap, there is no check to make sure that the fields were updated AFTER snap. This is key; tell your monkeys.

Nark: it's not really inaccurate, it's just unreliable and inconsistent.

• 3 weeks later...