Auto Fill File name and Date in title block

So I have found the correct info to have a title block automatically fill in Sheet name and Number, but I need assistance to get the title block to auto fill the date and file name.

Is there a list anywhere that shows all the correct info (such as "S_Sheet Number_SN" and "S_Sheet Title_SD#") to fill in on the record to have it auto populate a filed?

Regards,

Ethan

Have you tried the data stamp? Dims/Notes toolset.

Just put one or more data stamps w/ the info you need inside the title block symbol. It will update every time the file is opened, or (if the preference is checked) every time you print, or when you run Tools > Utilities > Reset All Plug-Ins

hth

mk

I'm sorry, I don't see an advantage to this process. It seems like work for the sake of work.

Seriously, how often does one mess around with the Title Block in one's Template?

Why not just have a Title Layer with a set of graphics & text that represent your Title Block? Want to have it as a symbol? An unnecessary step, but hey, Giddy up!

- Set this Layer as a Viewport.

- Make copies of this Viewport on all Sheets.

- Anything that's custom to an individual Sheet (Drawing Number for example) is altered in the Annotation Layer.

- Date stamp? add at will to the Title Design Layer

Want to add a drawing list to a Title page automatically? Make a spread sheet.

The End