How to work in a perspective view

sygboe

Hello, I cant seem to find a way of activating a perspective view to work in.

when i choose perspective, every time I have to enter a height and eye level, then it creates the worlds smallest viewport (sometimes not even showing the model.

I dont need to create a viewport, i just want to model and navigate in 3D (like sketch up 3ds max, cinema 4d, modo etc).

i'm finding very simple tasks are taking me ages.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Are you using View > Perspective > Normal Distance? This should give you a reasonable view of your model. Then, you can use the Flyover tool to rotate around the view.

If you have a specific perspective view that you like, you can use Save View on the View bar to name and save that view so that you can recall it at any time.

Vectorworks perspective view doesn't work very well if your model is not near the origin of the page (i.e x=0, y=0).

Also, it depends of which version you're using. v2013 handles 3D perspective model navigation far better than previous versions using an "uncropped" view which you can activate at View > Perspective > Cropped.

Thanks for the reply.

im on version 2012. i used to use it about 7 years ago v 11 i think.

i can make the perspective view, its the the tiny crop it makes i just dont understand it. i cant conceive of a use for it. I have a 21 inch monitor. If i try to adjust the crop to a size that a human can see it just distorts the perspective. Also I'm forever having to set to hidden line or whatever render. as it just resets each time.

can I chose views back and forth in the same render mode, or does it reset each time. I'm finding the workflow quite restricting.

So is full perspective 3d view only available on next years version?

If i try to adjust the crop to a size that a human can see it just distorts the perspective.

Is your model near the origin of the page?

Also I'm forever having to set to hidden line or whatever render. as it just resets each time.

You'll need to use OpenGL or wireframe for realtime viewing.

So is full perspective 3d view only available on next years version?

The current version: v2013.