hdu draw glazed partitioning for offices?

HiyaHow do You draw glazed partitioning for offices (VWA)?

The window wall tool is good, except I can't make it go around corners...or insert doors into a window wall.

Here's what I have tried so far;1) draw a series of windowwalls, overlap the corners, and hope no-one notices the wrong junction. Place a door alongside the mullion of the windowwall where required.2) draw a normal wall, insert windows and doors as usual - looks good, but seems to take longer than it should.

How do u people do it?

Thanks in advance.

PS...re the windowwall tool; I'm looking out my office window at the shops on main street, and EVERY SINGLE windowwall has doors in it. So, why didn't the option of inserting a door into a window wall get coded? BTW, I could be mis-understanding what you Americans call a windowwall - I have assumed it to be the ground floor glazing of a shop (shop-front). Maybe a windowwall is the type of glazing one finds on a 'skyscaper' (curtain wall), but the PIO options don't seem to support this (if you stack them, you get a double mullion at each floor, which dosen't occur in most 'skyscrapers')

We understand the limitations of the Window Wall object. You are correct that is has usability issues when doors come into play, it simply does not have the elegance or flexibility of the regular wall tool.

The best way to deal with window walls and doors in version 9 is to simply place the window walls leaving gaps for the doors. You can then go back and place a door in the wall and then place another window above it.

In the future you will be able to place doors with windows as a built in option, but you can have the same functionality in 9 if you create your own symbol with both a door and a window.

Windows on corners are currently not supported by the program. Since they are sufficiently rare, it has not been our highest priority. They can be done using VW's modeling functions. To do so, split the walls at the point where the window would be inserted. (using the split by point tool) Then superimpose a cube where the window would place an opening in the wall. You can use the subtract solid command to cut this hole in the wall and then build a custom window within it.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support