Custom Workspaces

I just started using VW 2013 DEMO on a new iMac (OSX 10.8) and I created a new workspace. Since that time, I cannot further edit this workspace.

Firstly, upon selecting EDIT, I am told that I have no access and to check the file and directory permissions. I have done this to no avail. Secondly, if I attempt to create a COPY of the custom workspace, I am told that the file is either invalid or I do not have enough memory.

The palettes are not accessible, so maybe the file is invalid. I spent a great deal of time on this and prefer not to have to do it again.

VW 2013 has many of the same problems as previous versions.... I find the lack of attention to the GUI is a distinctly overlooked tendency of this perpetually 'almost' great software. Been using VW for two decades so I am clearly devoted.

The machine has 4MB of RAM.

4MB of RAM??? I suppose that is 4GB?

Well, 4GB isn't enough, 8GB is really the minimum for VW2013!

But it shouldn't make your workspace invalid. I think the workspace file is corrupt. So best to delete it and make a new workspace. As a general rule, it's best to go with one of the workspaces from VW and only add custom things to it. That way, you don't need to worry about updates etc... Just take the new one, and add your custom plug-ins.

DWorks....the standard workspaces are incredibly illogically organized in my opinion. I have been using VW for a very long time and require a custom workspace. The fact that Nem. offers this, why would they do so and why would I choose not to utilize this feature? Thanks for the response but you have shared a response that is an assumption and not a solution. I edited an existing workspace.

Yes, the machine is 4GB and it seems to be working just fine. The Mac distributes memory usage in a manner quite differently than a PC.

DWorks....the standard workspaces are incredibly illogically organized in my opinion. I have been using VW for a very long time and require a custom workspace. The fact that Nem. offers this, why would they do so and why would I choose not to utilize this feature? Thanks for the response but you have shared a response that is an assumption and not a solution. I edited an existing workspace.

You can use it, but the way it is now, it's just a huge amount of work to update the workspace for each release and sp and I wanted to point that out.

Previously, the workspaces would simply import, and with minor adjustment for new and obsolete features, you were good to go. I have not afforded an update for years now and the imported workspace went haywire. I therefore created a new one.

As I am able to edit the default workspaces, it seems that mine is corrupt yes. This is extremely annoying given the time I put into it.

The ORANGE Edit button is off the screen as well there are a few other oddities. It seems that vw13 is not entirely compatible with Mac OSX 10.8! I might install the SP's if this is allowed with the DEMO.

Yes, a huge amount of work. Thanks again for the response,

JG