Collapsible classes: default should be closed, not open

Christiaan

Question

Can you please make the default view of collapsible classes closed instead of open?

The whole point of collapsible hierarchical menus is that they're easier to navigate. But they need to be closed for this to work. The v2013 default view of all menus open is actually more difficult to scan than the original non-hierachcial list view!

Also, from now on, can you please phone me directly when making any further decisions about default settings in Vectorworks? :cool:

7 answers to this question

I agree with Christiaan on both accounts. There are actually a lot of annoying default changes in VW 2013. My biggest is the implementation of a stacking order for Sheet Layers as the default. The stacking order is based on the order in which the Sheets were originally created. With list by stacking order as the default, every existing file I open in 2013 has to have its sheet layers physically resorted or I have to click on the sheet number column to temporarily re-order them. Why, why, why?

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister