Report Sorting By Y value

I am attempting to make a report that sorts symbols with a given record by their y center. I was able to do this fairly easily, but the trickier part is that I want to make one worksheet that has (2) separate databases in it. In those databases I want the first one to show all symbols with Y values that are between 0 & 30' and the second database to only show symbols that have a y center value between 30' & 60'.

Is this something that is actually do able?

Thanks,

Matt

The problem Matt's running into is that Y coordinates are not available as a criterion in the database criteria GUI.

However - you can just type in the criteria you want.

I usually use the GUI to get close. In the attached examples I used

Record Format _____ is present

AND

Class is None

Then hit ok and go back to edit the criteria, click cancel, and you will see the database criteria in the formula bar. Change the C='None' to whatever you need. Like YCOORDINATE < 30

It's not clear to me from your question wether you wanted the Y coordinate of the symbol or the Y center of the symbol. Both are included in the attached examples.

YCENTER behaves differently in 2011 and 2013. In 2011 it returns inches, so it's necessary to divide by 12. In 2013 it returns the document units - in this case feet and inches - so dividing by 12 is not needed.

I'll attach an example so you can see how it works. Try to edit the criteria of a database and you will get a warning:

"The criteria is [sic] invalid. You must edit the VectorScript representation of the criteria using the Worksheet Formula Bar."

Look in the formula bar and it will be fairly obvious how it works.

hth

mk

You are exactly correct with what I am trying to accomplish. Bryan G you were correct, but I did try to edit the criteria via the right click edit criteria, and there is no X or Y value stuff. I did not know how to manually enter that value in the header.

Thanks Michael, you hit the nail on the head.

What I am really shooting for is probably where the symbol insertion point is, so potentially the X & Y in the OIP.

I just think in the document I need to strategically make my symbols to reflect that accordingly.

Thanks,

Matt

I also was a little confused about why you were pointing out what was going on in VW2011. Than I looked at my signature. It has been updated accordingly. It has been a while since I have looked on here and I forgot I bought a new machine.

Thanks again,

Matt